Posted January 17, 2022
Greater Somerset County YMCA (GSCY) is a local nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. At GSCY, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive.
To learn more about GSCY, visit our website: http://gscymca.org
Somerville & Bridgewater YMCAs are currently seeking multiple Swim Instructors to help swimmers of various ages and levels to build confidence in and around the water. We are looking for energetic individuals to support our mission in strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Maintains a safe, instructional, and supportive environment
- Teaches students the principles of correct stroke, water safety, and swimming endurance
- Teaches group classes to preschool and youth children
- Develops appropriate introduction to a variety of water sports/activities
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must have experience working with children
- Must have strong interest in teaching preschool & youth
- Experience with parent/child classes or willing to learn is a plus
- Must have American First Aid/CPR & AED Certification (or obtain upon hire)
Part-time benefits include:
- FREE Membership Access to any YMCA in the Nation.
- 10% Discount on most programming at Greater Somerset County YMCA.
- Access to one of the leading retirement programs "Y Retirement Fund" from first day of employment.
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring, growth, and promotion throughout the YMCA Movement.
- Supportive and inclusive community for people of all backgrounds.
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.