Paper Mill Playhouse Seeking Restaurant Staff
Posted October 12, 2021
The Carriage House Restaurant at Paper Mill Playhouse is seeking to fill the following positions:
- Seeking team-oriented individuals to be part of a pool house serving our price fixed menu during pre pre-theater dining. Work available Wednesday through Sunday. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess one full year of wait staff experience.
- Compensation: $4.13/hour plus tip share over a 5-6 hour night shift.
- Seeking team-oriented individuals to seat guests and deliver food from our kitchen to our outdoor seating section. Previous restaurant experience a plus, but we are willing to train the right person. Short shifts available from 4-9pm Wednesday through Sunday. You bring the right attitude, and we will train the skills.
- Compensation:$10/hour plus tip share
- Seeking hard working individuals who enjoy using their hands. Precious experience in a restaurant is a plus but not required. Applicants must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 30 pounds. Basic knife safety skills required for preparatory work.
- Compensation:$13 - $15
- Seeking a line cook for our fast-paced, fine dining restaurant. The ideal team member must possess exemplary kitchen organization, time management, and cleanliness in addition to the ability to follow prep lists and execute recipes in a fast-paced environment. A positive attitude and team-oriented approach to work are a must.
- Culinary school training a plus but not required. This is an exciting opportunity to join the culinary team at one of the most prestigious regional theaters in the nation.
- Compensation: $15 - $20
Additional eligibility qualifications for all positions:
- Proactive, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor.
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic experiences, free from prejudice and aggressions.
Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
About Paper Mill Playhouse:
Founded in 1934, Paper Mill Playhouse has been a cherished New Jersey arts institution for more than 80 years. Paper Mill brings new American musical theater to life, with a national reputation that continues to grow. Paper Mill creates and produces groundbreaking new musicals and reimagined classics. Several productions have gone on to Broadway and launched national tours, including Disney’s Newsies, Les Misérables, Honeymoon in Vegas, A Bronx Tale, and Bandstand. In 2016, Paper Mill received the Regional Theatre Tony award in recognition of its contribution to the national field, the industry’s highest honor. In addition to the 1,200 seat mainstage, the theater is also home to an award-winning center for musical theater education and artist training, with outreach programs that impact thousands of students each year. As one of the nation’s premier musical theaters, Paper Mill fosters a creative environment to advance the art form, educate students, develop future theater lovers, nurture inclusion, and provide access for all.
About the Carriage House Restaurant
The Carriage House Restaurant features seasonal American cuisine and is open for pre-theater dining during the mainstage season from September to June. Price fixed menus are offered in the dining rooms, and custom crafted cocktails, fine wines by the glass, and appetizers and desserts at the Bar. Newly opened in 2018, The Loft is located on the 2nd floor of the restaurant and is the perfect place for light snacks and custom crafted cocktails before the show. In 2020, the Carriage House expanded its operation to the outdoor Brookside Cabaret series bringing Broadway talent and Paper Mill favorites back to the theater for live performance and outdoor dining in the summer months.