WESTFIELD, NJ — (Updated at 8:30 p.m.) As the town cleans up from Tropical Storm Isaias a series of roads remain blocked due to downed wires and storm debris.
As of 8 p.m. Thursday, the following roadways are impassable, according to police:
- Boynton Avenue (2000 block to Clark Township line) – tree(s) & wire(s) down
- Carleton Road (800 block) – tree(s) & wire(s) down
- East Dudley Avenue (100 block) – wire(s) down
- Fairacres Avenue (800 block) – tree(s) & wire(s) down
- Kimball Avenue (200 block) – tree(s) & wire(s) down
- Roger Avenue (100 block) – tree(s) & wire(s) down
- Tice Place (1000 block) – tree(s) down/about to fall
- Willow Grove Road (800 block) – tree(s) & wire(s) down
- Wychwood Road (300 block) – tree(s) & wire(s) down
The following roadways, which were previously impassable, have been cleared, according to police.
- Boynton Avenue (1600 block)
- Central Avenue (1000 block)
- Central Avenue (1200 block)
- Coolidge Street (900 block)
- East Broad Street (700 block)
- East Broad Street (1000 block)
- Edgar Road (400 block)
- Edgar Road (500 block)
- Elmer Street (100 block)
- Golf Edge (200 block)
- Kimball Avenue (900 block)
- Maple Street (600 block)
- Otisco Drive (400 block)
- Shadowlawn Drive (800 block)
- Springfield Avenue (500 block)
- Stirling Place (600 block)
- Stoneleigh Park
- Talcott Road (800 block)
- Woodbrook Circle (40 block)
- Woodmere Drive (900 block)
Officers are assigned to the following locations due to dangerous conditions still present, according to police.
- Kimball Avenue at 200 block (1 Officer)
- Prospect Street at 1200 block (1 Officer)
- Willow Grove Road at 800 block (1 Officer)
As of 8 p.m., 557 PSE&G households in Westfield remained without power, according to the town.
In addition, a showing by the town of the movie “Raiders of the Lost Ark” that had been planned in Tamaques Park Thursday is postponed.
The Conservation Center is open to all residents and accepting storm debris, with no permit required, through Aug.16, according to Mayor Shelley Brindle. Expanded hours are Tuesday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. - 3 pm.
Email Matt Kadosh at email@example.com | Twitter: @MattKadosh
Are you a business interested in reaching our audience? Contact Jackie Lieberman at firstname.lastname@example.org.