ROXBURY, NJ – Sparta High School art student “took home some amazing awards” from the Roxbury High School annual art show, according to teacher Christy Graham. Spartan entries went up against pieces from 174 high schools and 29 middle schools.
“It was so nice to see the technical, conceptual and creative talents from the students,” Graham said. “We are beyond proud of their hard work.”
Sparta High School students’ awards:
- Heather Maxwell -First Place Overall in Sculpture, teacher Jen Csatlos
- Taige Kellenberger -Second Place Overall in Sculpture, teacher Csatlos
- Rachel Young – First Place Mixed Media, teacher Christine Mase
- Kaitlyn Cioc – Second Place Overall in Photography, teacher Graham
- Chloe Clancey- Third Place Drawing, teacher Mase
Award winners Young and Clancey also earned $23,000 Artistic Merit Scholarships from the University of Hartford Art School, upon admission.
Clancey earned advance acceptance to the New Jersey City University Bachelor of Fine Arts program, in the concentration of her choice. Kellenberger earned advance acceptance to the NJCU BFA program for Sculpture or her choice of concentration.
Graham said only three pieces from each teacher could be entered, “so just being part of the show is an honor.”
“Even during such hard times, [our students] are shining bright,” Graham said. “We can’t stop smiling for them.”