WESTFIELD, NJ — The town on Monday opened its 2021 call for volunteers to fill anticipated openings on boards, commissions and mayor’s advisory councils, officials announced.
It is the town’s third year placing its call for volunteers online, Mayor Shelley Brindle said in a news release.
“The vast talent and eagerness to volunteer among our residents is a tremendous asset to Westfield, and I, along with the Town Council, remain grateful to all those to step up to devote their time and energy to benefit us all,” Brindle said.
To apply for a position, visit www.westfieldnj.gov/volunteer. The deadline to submit an application is Nov. 20. Limited volunteer positions are available in the following groups listed on the town’s website, officials said. The town will notify appointees prior to the town council’s annual reorganization meeting.
The following is a list of groups for which the town is seeking volunteers. Visit the links for descriptions of the groups:
- Access and Inclusivity Council
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Health
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Human Relations Advisory Commission
- Investment Council
- Mental Health Council
- Media Council
- Planning Board
- Public Arts Commission
- Recreation Commission
- Retail Advisory Board
- Senior Advisory Council
- Special Improvement District
- Tech Advisory Council
- Tree Preservation Commission
- Westfield Green Team
- Westfield Housing Commission
- Westfield Memorial Library
- Union County Solid Waste Advisory Board
- Union County Transportation Advisory Board
- Union County Air Traffic Advisory Board
- Union County Community Development Revenue Sharing Committee
Read More Westfield NJ Local News
Are you a business interested in reaching our audience? Contact Jackie Lieberman at firstname.lastname@example.org.