HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ - In addition to the ceremony and congratulatory messages for message for retiring Hasbrouck Heights Borough Administrator Michael Kronyak, business was completed at Tuesday’s Borough of Hasbrouck Heights Council meeting.
The Council accepted the resignation of Hasbrouck Heights volunteer firefighter William Raimondo, and the election of Cristian Fernandez as Lieutenant. The Council also accepted the Bills resolution.
Following the Council reports, the Council approved the following items as part of the Consent Agenda.
147. Authorizing approval of 2020/2021 License for Commercial Sale of Certain Motor Vehicles
- 101 Motors LLC, 101 Industrial Ave, Suite 101
- JTL Auto Sales, LLC , 92 Railroad Ave Suite 229
- Zulfigar Enterprises inc, 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 127
- H&E Auto Sales LLC, 60 Railroad Ave, Suite 110
- Thrifty Auto Sales LLC, 92 Ralroad Ave, Suite 120
- Basil’s Car Emporium, 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 220
- East Coast Auto Finance, 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 219
- Longomore Motors LLC, 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 210
148. Authorizing a raffle license for Corpus Christi Church for various dates (10/16/2020, 10/13/2020, 12/18/2020, 1/15/2020)
149. Authorizing Renewal of Liquor Licenses
- Benevelent and Protective Order of Elks Lodge 1962 t/a Hasbrouck Heights Elks Lodge 1962, 128 Baldwin Ave
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States 4591, t/a Hasbrouck Heights Memorial Post 4591, 513 Veterans Place
Plenary Retail Consumption
- Wino LLC (inactive to be held in Borough Clerk’s office)
- Hasbrouck Management LLC, 650 Terrace Ave
150. Authorizing the person-to person transfer of liquor license number 0225-44-008-007 from Rt. 17 HH LLC to HH Wine Rack Inc.
151. Authorizing Participation in the Employee Prescription Drug Program
152. Authorizing the amendment nunc pro tunc the start time of the September 8, 2020, meeting to be in conformance Borough of Hasbrouck Heights Agenda September 22, 2020, with the time listed on the public notice published in accordance with the New Jersey Open Public Meetings Act.
153. Authorizing the amendment of the start time of the September 22, 2020, meeting to be in conformance with the time listed on the public notice published in accordance with the New Jersey Open Public Meetings Act
154. Authorizing the amendment of the start time for the meetings to 7:00pm from October through the end of the year
All items were passed, 5-0 (Councilman Justin DiPisa was not in attendance) except for 149 and 150, as Councilman Stephen Reyngoudt abstained due to working in the liquor industry.
During the open public session, a question from Jarret Cooke, Hasbrouck Heights PBA delegate, was asked concerning the change to the prescription plan. Borough Administrator Michael Kronyak explained that the action was taken as he was informed late last week that the Borough was informed that their prescription plan carrier, Gerber Life, was not going to renew their policy for 2021. (Gerber Life is getting out of that line of insurance.)
Kronyak stated he has not been formally informed by Gerber Life yet, but he wanted to make sure the employees were covered for 2021, which is why he signed the Hasbrouck Heights employees up for the Employee Prescription Drug Program offered by the New Jersey State Health Benefits Act.
TAPinto Special Introductory Advertising Packages provide local businesses with social media marketing, content marketing, and brand awareness as well as the flexibility to market in neighboring towns. For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3gi5QJ7
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge and Teterboro’s free daily news source, and is the official newspaper of the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education, Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council, and Wood-Ridge Board of Education.