*Editor's Note: Virginia's Drive was named as Victoria's Drive in error on the original posting.

FAIR LAWN, NJ - Veering in and out of lanes on Route 208 south, a motorcyclist lead police on a high speed chase that ended after the Virginia Drive off ramp into the apartment complex at the edge of Fair Lawn that borders Paramus adjacent to the beginning of Route 4 east.

Damian Medina, 29, of Haledon, was released after being charged with the following: eluding, operating without a license plate, speeding, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, careless driving, reckless driving, improper passing, failure to signal, wrong way on a divided road, driving on a sidewalk, driving over 4MPH over a sidewalk, operating unlicensed and 2 counts of failure to possess vehicle documents. 

Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

On Jan. 20 at approximately 10:30 p.m., a Fair Lawn police officer observed a 2018 Suzuki GSX motorcycle with no license plate traveling on Route 208 south and began to follow it "to establish its speed," according to a report released earlier today. As the motorcycle approached the Plaza Road off-ramp, the Suzuki attempted to exit at the ramp but was traveling too fast and veered back onto the highway.

At the same time, police said, a 2016 Toyota Scion, which had appeared to be traveling with the Suzuki before the Suzuki began to speed off, sped up on the left side of the patrol vehicle and then changed lanes to place itself between the patrol vehicle and the Suzuki.

The officer, according to the police report, activated his overhead lights, then had to accelerate around the Toyota, which remained in front of the patrol vehicle. The officer then pursued the Suzuki, with had sped up to 80 MPH, onto the Virginia Drive off-ramp and then Dobrin Court, where the Suzuki jumped a curb and was riding on the grass within the apartment complex and around a building where the patrol unit would not fit.

The officer exited his vehicle, according to the report, and pursued on foot, finding the operator off the motorcycle and arrested him without further incident. 

The operator of the Toyota, a 26-year-old male from New Milford, responded to police headquarters to explain that he "was new owner of the Suzuki that was being driven to a storage garage." He was charged with making an unsafe lane change and failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. 

Chief Glen Cauwels stated all defendants, are presumed innocent until proven guilty.