The weather has been cooperating lately, which is great for construction on the municipal complex! Bathrooms have been tiled and are being completed, and on the 2nd floor, which houses the Council chambers, administration offices, clerk and finance offices and more, service areas have been framed out, while spackling and painting continues. Plexiglass barriers will be installed in resident/public-facing windows in the clerk, finance and building department offices, as well as at some library stations, as a way to combat the spread of COVID-19 and for both employee and visitor safety. Electric outlet installation and painting continues in the Police Department section, while cabinetry in the lunch/break rooms continues. The dais in the Council Chambers has been framed out, while painting continues throughout the rest of the building. On the outside, the masonry and roofing continues as those trades complete the waterproofing of the building.
For the week ending July 31, 2020 at the Berkeley Heights Municipal Complex project site, the following took place:
- EPIC and their subcontractors had an average daily manpower count of 50 workers.
- Force Concrete continued the brick veneer at the north side of the east sector and on the east elevation. Force also continued block work in the detention area.
- EUC placed underground storm and sanitary piping, backfilled and compacted, prepped the Police Department parking lot for paving, removed asphalt from a section of Berkeley Avenue, placed fill, and prepped this area and the DPW parking area for paving as well.
- Industrial Cooling Corporation performed controls and installed duct work on the 2nd floor.
- Epic Interiors continued hanging drywall, taped and spackled, and installed ceiling grid.
- Mehl Electric placed lighting wiring and fixtures, outlets, and AV rough-ins.
- All Ply Roofing performed work on the flashing, shingles, and flat roofing on the north side.
- Eighteen Glass continued glazing and installation of the storefronts in the Library.
- Epic Millwork installed cabinetry in the break room areas in the Police Department and the Library.
- Fine Painting resumed work on the 1st floor in the Police Department and on the 2nd floor in the Township Administration area.