County To Repave Eight Paterson Roads
Sunday, July 1, 2012 • 10:44am
PATERSON – The Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders has finalized the list of county roads scheduled for resurfacing this summer season through the end of October. The total miles of roads that will be resurfaced are 40 miles.
The work will include the construction of handicapped ramps, milling of roadway, reset and repair of manholes and inlets and the resurfacing of the roadway.
“My family and I live in Paterson and drive on county roads daily,'' said Freeholder Theodore Best. "As a freeholder, I understand the importance of making an investment in maintaining our roads and its' importance to all local residents. These road projects will be completed in the upcoming months, and I'm happy to have played a role in making our streets safer and more commuter- friendly. ”
The Paterson streets on the list are:
- Belmont Avenue from Burhans Avenue to West Broadway
- 6th Avenue from East 5th Avenue to the bridge
- East 18th Street from Park Avenue to Market Street
- Madison Avenue from 3rd Avenue to 1st Avenue
- McBride Avenue from Wayne Avenue to Glover Avenue
- Crooks Avenue from Curie Avenue to Lakeview Avenue
- 10th Avenue from East 16th Street to Route 20
- Grand Avenue from Route 19 to New Street