Sussex County Office of Emergency Management Issues Proclamation of County Emergency Due To Hurricane Sandy
Sunday, October 28, 2012 • 7:04pm
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Hamburg Borough Police Department posted an announcement on their Facebook Page at approximately 6:40 p.m. today that the Sussex County Office of Emergency Management has issued a Proclamation of County Emergency, due to the arrival of Hurricane Sandy.
The Sussex County Office of Emergency Management is headed by Sussex County Sheriff Michael Strada.
The regulations below are now in effect for all Sussex County Residents:
1. All Schools within Sussex County will be closed Monday, October 29, and Tuesday October 30.
2. All County Offices will also be closed Monday, October 29, and Tuesday, October 30.
3. During the storm’s height, all Sussex County residents must remain off the roadways, and only essential personnel are permitted on the roadways.
4. “When it is determined that in the interest of health, welfare, and safety of the public to evacuate, all individuals are obligated to comply with the direction of emergency personnel," was another statement posted on the site.
The Alternative Press has learned the following area universities are also now closed:
- Caldwell College
- College of Saint Elizabeth
- County College of Morris
- Drew University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Kean University
- Montclair State University
- NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Rutgers University, Newark
- Seton Hall University
- Sussex County Community College
- William Paterson University
Continue to follow The Alternative Press for the latest in news coverage on Hurricane Sandy, and The Alternative Press of Sussex County’s Facebook Page for any news, and announcements.