"Junk" Collection For Re:Purposed Room 4 Kids in Need
Thursday, May 24, 2012 • 9:20pm
We are in the process of collecting used furniture and room accessories to aid in a green room makeover for children of chronically ill siblings or parents! We will then repurpose the donated items to use in a room or we will sell it to fund the rest of the project! There will be no cost to the families and everything will be supplied by donations and run by volunteers.
Project RE: PURPOSE
A charitable green division of BedderIdeas! LLC, a children's room decorating service
Re: Collecting and repurposing donated furniture and accessories.
Purpose: to create a room makeover to benefit children with a chronic sick sibling or parent.
We are looking for our first family to be nominated!
Recipient Nomination Guidelines:
- children who have a chronically ill sibling or parent, including adult "children" of elderly parents, or children who lost a parent
- No upper middle class families please, if they can easily afford to do it themselves, they should NOT apply.
- Live in or in close proximity to New Providence, New Jersey.
- Renters are OK as long as we have the landlords permission...we can make everything to go! :D
- Nominate a child(ren) of a family and tell their story!
- List the family address, ages of children & parent/guardian name and contact information
- The Family must be OK with your nomination!!
Please send all nominations to Kathy Bedder by June 5, 2012, at: email@example.com
Current Donations Needed:
- Furniture in good structural shape
- Accessories: lamps, artwork, curtain rods, cork boards etc...
- Local merchants to donate bedding & other textile accessories & paint
- Volunteers when the time comes to bring it all together
- Storage space In New Providence area
I started my children's room-only decorating business in 2000, and I have been a hands on children's room decorator for The Make-A-Wish Foundation for the past 8 years. I have decorated well over 100 rooms for their children, which has opened my eyes to the need to lift the spirits of these siblings, and other children in similar situations. Recycling and repurposing items is a great way to transform an atmosphere in a room and we will eliminate the need for additional monetary donations.
I am looking forward to the freedom and the opportunity this new project holds! It has a little of everything...good will, recycling, new beginnings...it has purpose! :D
You can check out my ever changing website at www.bedderideas.com for more information! Please tell a friend!