Millburn Millers Named Top High School Sports Program in New Jersey Group IV
Saturday, August 10, 2013 • 7:36am
ROBBINSVILLE, NJ – Millburn High School has been named the top Group IV sports program in the state, winning the tenth annual ShopRite Cup.
The New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) tallies points based on performance in championship play in the 32 NJSIAA-sanctioned sports throughout the school year. Schools also earn three additional points per season if none of their student-athletes or coaches are disqualified during that season.
At the conclusion of the school year, the high schools with the most points in each of New Jersey's six group classifications are awarded the ShopRite Cup.
“In its tenth consecutive year, the race for the ShopRite Cup has become as exciting a competition as there is in high school sports," said Steve Timko, NJSIAA executive director. “The Cup is a unique honor, because it recognizes the finest high school athletic programs in the state for collective effort. We congratulate this year’s six champions on another outstanding year.”
The winners of the 2012-2013 ShopRite Cup are:
▪ Group I: Metuchen High School (Middlesex County)
▪ Group II: Haddonfield Memorial High School (Camden County)
▪ Group III: Kingsway Regional High School (Gloucester County)
▪ Group IV: Millburn High School (Essex County)
▪ Non-public Group A: Christian Brothers Academy (Monmouth County)
▪ Non-public Group B: Villa Walsh High School (Morris County)