Mayor and Council Endorse Resto and Holman for Re-Election in Chatham Borough
Saturday, October 27, 2012 • 10:33am
Mayor Bruce Harris and members of the Chatham Borough Council heartily endorse Councilman Len Resto and Councilman John Holman for re-election.
The Council has accomplished a great deal in the last three years and Len and John's leadership on Council have contributed significantly to that success. Len and John played important roles in the following accomplishments:
- The expansion of Shared Services to include a Joint Court with 3 other municipalities, the second such court of its kind in New Jersey.
- Transitioning of the 911 Emergency Dispatch from the Borough to Morris County with excellent results.
- Accomplishing great progress in the area of sustainability with our Green Initiatives Committee, Environmental Commission, Farmers’ Market and Community Gardens Committee. In fact, we were recognized by Sustainable Jersey, a statewide sustainability organization, at the Silver Level for our sustainability practices.
- The introduction of “single stream” recycling has made it easier than ever to recycle.
- The refurbishment of our Memorial Park and Pool that turned the pool into a revenue generator instead of a drain on tax dollars.
- Holding the line on spending to keep tax increases as small as possible in an ever challenging economy.
- Always focussing on the greater good of Chatham and what’s best for the Borough instead of what’s best for any narrow interest.
In the time we’ve served with Len and John, we’ve seen community leaders who see the “big picture” but who never lose sight of the detail needed to implement “big picture” goals and objectives. Len and John are hard working leaders who draw upon their professional expertise to provide good advice to the Council, always listening to the issues and concerns of Chatham Residents and contribute to our government moving more swiftly and transparently.
Over the past few years, the Council has been a strong and effective team and we believe John and Len will continue to work to make Chatham Borough even greater. We urge you to support them in this election. Please visit their website www.Restoholman.com for more information on Len and John.
Mayor Bruce Harris
Council President James Lonergan
Council Member James Collander
Council Member Gerald Helfrich
Council Member Victoria Fife