The Westfield Area Y located at 220 Clark Street in Westfield is hosting a Lunch and Learn entitled, “What you don’t know about Medicare,” on Wednesday, November 20th from 12:30-2:00 pm.
Hank Segal who is authorized to offer Medicare assistance will discuss its different components. Almost everyone at one time or another has thrown their hands up saying Medicare is impossible to understand. He will take the mystery out of Medicare and discuss the following topics:
1. T types of Medicare plans that are available (A, B, C, D) and the supplements and how they work.
2. Medicare penalties you may be subject to by not applying for Parts B and D at the prescribed time.
3. The Part D drug donut hole which almost no one understands.
4. The trouble you can get yourself into by not understanding how the system works.
5. How and when you can change plans and what you can change to.
6. What help is available to those who are having trouble paying for Medicare and/or the associated costs.
Participants will leave the presentation with a greater understanding of the complicated ins and outs of the Medicare system. Light refreshments will be served. The event is open to the community and registration is required by November 15th.
Register on line at www.westfieldynj.org
or at the Welcome Center at the Main Y Facility.
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Visit www.westfieldynj.org
to learn more about Westfield Area Y programs. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.