The Westfield Area Y Flyers Track Have an Outstanding Meet
Thursday, May 1, 2014 • 5:32pm
Thirty-three athletes from the Flyers Track Club were among the over 700 athletes that participated in the NJ Striders Track Meet at Paramus High School on April 27, 2014.
The Flyers had 29 top-ten finishes and set 6 team records.
Below is a listing of all the athletes who placed in the top five in their events:
Girls 9-10 Division:
• Abigail Granrath placed 3rd and set a team record in the 800m run and placed 4th in the long jump
• Julia Skultety placed second in the long jump
Girls 11-12 Division:
• Grace Endy placed 4th in the 1500m race walk
• Maddy Walters placed 5th in the discus
Girls 13-14 Division:
• Lauren Triarsi placed 4th in the 200m hurdles
• Mara Rao placed 4th in the 3000m run
• Katie Whitehead placed 5th in the 3000m run
Boys Under 8 Division:
• David Sanchez Jr. placed 5th and set a team record in the 200m dash
• Eamon Mason placed third in the 800m run and 5th in the long jump
• Andrew Vilarin placed 4th in the 800m run
Boys 11-12 Division:
• Matthew Ackerman placed 2nd in the 1500m race walk
• Will McGlynn placed 3rd in the 3000m run
Boys 13-14 Division:
• Connor Goff placed 5th in the discus
The Westfield Area Y Flyers Track Club is a USATF certified club that has grown to train over 700 athletes in grades 2-8 throughout the year with programs in Westfield, Cranford and Mountainside. They offer two levels of participation - developmental and competitive.
The Flyers provide instruction and competition in events such as Long Jump, Triple Jump, Discus, Shot Put, Javelin, Discus, Sprints, Long Distance Running, Relays and Race Walking. They have sent more than 50 athletes to the National Junior Olympics and last season had three All-Americans and a National Champion.
The Flyer’s Track club is dedicated to healthy competition, teamwork and individual development. For more information contact Greg Hatizsavvas at 908-233-2700.
The current Spring Track season lasts until May 16th. The summer track season will begin May 28th. The team will next compete at the NJ Striders Meet on May 4th at Fairlawn High School.