The Importance of Water to Your Body
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 • 6:59pm
We all know that water is vital to our existence. Many of us do not get as much as our bodies need. Water makes up approximately 60 percent of your total body weight and our bodies depend on it. Water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and is essential for maintaining blood circulation throughout your body. Lack of water causes dehydration. Even cases of mild dehydration drains your energy and can make you feel tired. Here are some tips on keeping your body hydrated.
· Add some pizzazz to your water. If plain water seems boring to you, opt for natural flavor enhancers. Try adding cucumber slices, mint, watermelon chunks or orange slices to your water. To boost the flavors even more, let it sit for a few hours in the refrigerator prior to drinking.
· Download an app to help track your water consumption. Waterlogged or Water Habit are two great options. These apps can help you stay on track throughout the course of your busy day.
· Hydrate with foods rich in water content. Celery and cucumbers are great picks. Celery has only 6 calories in one medium stalk!
· If you are tied to your desk at work or on the road traveling, chances are, water consumption does not become a priority. The answer: keep a larger container of water on your desk or a water bottle in your bag so you have no excuses.
· Drink a glass of water before each meal. Not only will it help you stay hydrated, a glass of water can help you feel fuller faster.
· Lastly, hydration is very important during exercise. Come to workouts prepared with a reusable container and get in the habit of not leaving home without it.
Get In Shape For Women revolves around the philosophy of each member following the four main components of weight training, cardio, nutrition and--most importantly--accountability. There are no fads, no gimmicks or tricks, just healthy results. We also have a registered dietician on staff in our clean, upscale, private studio with five experienced trainers ready to help you meet your fitness goals.
Call today (908) 228-2084 to schedule your free one-hour training session.
Get in Shape for Women is an upscale group personal training studio where you will get the personal attention you require to reach your goals. For more information, call 908-228-2084 or visit www.getinshapeforwomen.com. To like us on Facebook, click here.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TheAlternativePress.com or anyone who works for TheAlternativePress.com. TheAlternativePress.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.