“The College Tour...Where to Go and What to do When You Get There” Presented by the New Westfield School Parent Teacher Council-Gifted Education Committee
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 • 9:57am
Are you starting to think about colleges? Do you get overwhelmed by all the choice … school size, geographic location, private vs. public? This free seminar for both parents and students, will help you identify the key areas to think about when deciding on what colleges to visit, provide tips on how to plan the trips effectively and what you can do while you are there. We will cover the following topics:
- How to organize visits, e.g. timing and activities
- Best time to visit college for sophomore, juniors, and seniors
- Questions to ask during your visits
- How to tailor the visit based on your needs, e.g. athletics, performing or visual arts, special needs, etc.
- What to do when you are there
- College visit tools to help plan your trips efficiently
Presentations will be made by guest speakers Lisa Bleich, President, College Bound Mentor and Author of Surviving the College Application Process; Beth Cassie, Independent Educational Consultant, College Bound Mentor; and Maureen Mazzarese, Director of Counseling Services, Westfield High School.
The seminar will take place on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:30 pm in the Westfield High School Cafeteria B. For additional information please contact Charlotte Lee at email@example.com.