Ten Reasons Why I Love My Husband
Monday, March 26, 2012 • 3:16pm
After twenty years of marriage, I still love my husband. Here are ten reasons why:
1. He shares three kids with me, a dog, and on the nights he’s not snoring, a bed.
2. He supplies me with life insurance, cable TV, and belly laughs.
3. He makes the best homemade garlic pickles.
4. He knows finance, politics, and when its time for my estrogen cream rubdowns.
5. He’s smart but tells me I’m smarter, even though it’s a lie.
6. He puts me before the Jets.
7. He keeps the family safe by setting the burglar alarm each night and keeping a 33” Louisville Slugger under his side of the bed, just in case . . .
8. He protects me from embarrassment by reminding me to lower my voice in public after my second glass of wine.
9. He’s my hero. (A distinction he’s shared with only two other men: my dad and my hair stylist).
10. He loves me more than the dog—even if he tells her more often . . .
When Jersey Girl Lisa Tognola traded her job as freelance writer for that of full-time mother of three children, it didn’t take long before her writing was reduced to grocery lists, notes to school nurses excusing her kids from gym class, and e-mails to her husband reminding him to call his mother. Daily life as a suburban mom was fraught with challenges and unexpected dangers like adult dinner groups, town hall meetings and home shopping parties. Rather than fight her fate, this mom embraced it by unleashing her inner columnist. Her weekly column, Main Street Musings, reflects on life in the suburbs---the good, the bad, and the ugly. Visit her blog http://mainstreetmusingsblog.com/. Follow her on twitter @lisatognola