STANHOPE BOROUGH, NJ - Consulting Engineer, Lee Purcell attended the recent Stanhope Borough council meeting, where he presented the council with a “Water System Improvement Phase I” plan.
The borough is planning on construction at Brooklyn and Sparta Road for April and May 2014.
“There will be a detour plan fashioned by the county,” stated Purcell.
Purcell also stated, “Protecting the sewer lines is number one,” in regard to a sewer line, which hugs the line side of Brooklyn Road.
The Phase I Water System Improvements Engineering Status Report is as follows:
1. First priority is to meet NJEIT’s cutoff date of March 4, 2013.
2. Continuing with final design documents after Match 4, 2013 through September 2013 [anticipated date of NJDEP’s Authorization to Advertise (ATA)].
3. Assist the Borough’s Attorney and Bond Counsel with the NJEIT Financing Program’s Requirements.
4. Project Certification by NJDEP anticipated by December, 2013.
5. Respond to NJDEP’s questions during their review process.
6. Conduct geotechnical investigations and report.
7. Meet with the Sussex County Engineering Department regarding construction work in Brooklyn Road.
8. Meet with Mount Olive Township’s Engineering Department regarding construction in Township roads.
9. Meet with Borough Officials to develop an appropriate project implementation schedule (including sequence of construction work).
10. Tentative Construction Schedule
A. Advertisement for Receipt of Bids - September, 2013
B. Receive Bids - October, 2013
C. Award of Construction Contract - December, 2013
D. Pre-Construction Meeting (Start of Construction) - January, 2014
E. NJEIT Formal Loan Closing - April/May, 2014
F. Completion of Construction - September, 2014
G. Final Inspection with NJDEP - October, 2014
H. Project Completion Certification - November, 2014
I. First Year Performance Certification - November, 2015
“If we present things to people and give them a little time to adjust, the benefits over time will be worth it,” said councilwoman Diana Kuncken.
“It is measure a year ahead of schedule,” said borough administrator, Brian McNeilly, “We are meeting with people in April 2013, for something occurring in June 2014.”
“September is my best educated guess of when the state will go to bid,” said Purcell.
The council plans on holding a town wide project and meeting in April of 2013, to discuss the construction for citizens to state their opinions.
Brooklyn and Sparta Roads will need to be closed off during certain times which will effect school activities in the summer at Lenape Valley Regional High School, preschool and day cares in the area and the back way to Sparta for those who commute to work.
“I am firmly committed to this project,” said councilman George Graham.
In other business:
“Thank you to the teachers and students at Valley Road School for creating the 2013 calendar,” said mayor Rosemarie Maio, as she presented Dominick Cecere, Kristen Harris, Keith Kondapi, Alexandra Poisseroux, and Ms. Denise Schoch with certificates of appreciation.
“They are very talented students in many ways and their motivation is going to make them very successful in the future,” said Schoch to the public.
Follow The Alternative Press of Sussex County for Sussex County News, as well as The Alternative Press of Sussex County's Facebook Page, for news, and other information.