Spring Programs for Youth with Special Needs Now Registering in Summit
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 • 1:17pm
Youth with special needs and those who could use just a little help and encouragement are welcome to now register for several programs being offered again this spring by several neighboring towns and coordinated by TryCAN. Our experienced coaches and instructors and excited to return to help our youth develop skills that may allow them to pursue a sport or activity further or simply provide them with a meaningful recreation experience. These popular and affordable classes, open to both residents and nonresidents, also use the assistance of trained teen Peer Mentors from local middle and high schools to help participants fully participate in the classes, learn and have fun.
We have a full schedule of programs:
· Let’s Pretend play and social group for 3-5 year olds – Saturdays at 12:30pm, starting March 16.
· Play and Learn play and social group for 6-7 year olds – Saturdays at 1:15pm starting March 16.
· Social Skills, using technology, for 8-12 year olds – Mondays at 5:30pm starting March 18.
· Teen Friendship Group – Mondays at 6:15pm starting March 18.
· Reading Club (ages 5-9) – Thursdays at 4pm, starting April 11.
· Music with Jammin’ Jenn (ages 4-8) – Thursdays at 5:45pm, starting April 11.
· Tennis Skills – Saturdays at 12pm or 1pm, starting April 20.
· Flag Football – Sundays at 5pm or 6pm, starting April 21.
The classes are held at the Summit Community Center, 100 Morris Avenue. For a copy of the spring flyer with program description complete class dates and times, instructor information, pricing and registration information, contact email@example.com or call Summit Department of Community Programs at 908-277-2932. You can also stop by the Summit Community Center to pick up a copy of the flyer, register or answer any questions.
TryCAN is a collaboration of several neighboring communities offering an array of recreation programs for children with special needs or those who need special accommodation. There are no non-resident fees involved and all welcome!