Youth with special needs and those who could use a little help and encouragement in participating in recreation are welcome to join other youth already enrolled in programs that continue this fall. These popular and affordable classes, offered by Summit and several nearby communities and open to both residents and nonresidents, allow youth to pursue a sport or activity further or simply provide them with a meaningful recreation experience. Programs are led by experienced instructors and use trained teen peer mentors to help participants learn and have fun. We have a full schedule of programs:
· Reading Club (ages 5-9) – Thursdays starting October 30.
· Let’s Pretend play and social group for 3-5 year olds – Saturdays starting November 2.
· Play and Learn play and social group for 6-7 year olds – Saturdays starting November 2.
· Social Skills, using technology, for 8-12 year olds – Mondays starting November 4.
· Teen Friendship Group – Mondays starting November 4.
· Lacrosse Skills – Sundays starting November 3.
The classes are held at the Summit Community Center, 100 Morris Avenue. For a copy of the fall flyer with detailed program and registration information and prices, contact email@example.com
or call Summit Department of Community Programs at 908-277-2932, or stop by the Summit Community Center.
TryCAN is a collaboration of several neighboring communities offering an array of recreation programs for children with special needs or those who need special accommodation. There are no non-resident fees involved and all welcome!