Peapack-Gladstone Bank Encourages Customers to Take Precautions When Using ATMs
Friday, March 15, 2013 • 2:09pm
ATMs are a great convenience and can be found almost everywhere. They make it convenient for you to get cash whenever you need it and to bank after hours. This is normally a safe and secure process; however, carelessly using your card at an ATM can make you a target for robbery as well as identity theft.
Peapack-Gladstone Bank is dedicated to keeping its customers safe at ATM locations and believes that even one incident of ATM crime is too many. The Bank takes a number of precautions to ensure its customers have a safe environment. Nevertheless, there is no substitute for good, cautious behavior. That is why the Bank recommends clients follow these safety tips when using any ATM:
- Memorize your PIN number and keep it a secret. Never write it down or share it with anyone – even family members.
- Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at night. Make sure the ATM is free of sight obstructions. If you observe suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the machine.
- Bring someone with you when using an ATM at night. If you can’t, use an ATM that is located in a public area like a convenience or grocery store.
- Have your ATM card ready and in your hand as you approach the ATM.
- Use your body to shield the ATM keyboard as you enter your PIN.
- Always take your receipts or transaction records with you.
- Do not count or visually display any money you received from the ATM. Immediately put your money into your pocket or purse and count it later.
- If you are using a drive-up ATM, be sure passenger windows are rolled up and all doors are locked. If you leave your car and walk to the ATM, lock your car.
- Lastly, if anything seems out of the ordinary, cancel your transaction and leave the area immediately.
Client safety and convenience are Peapack-Gladstone Bank’s top priorities when it comes to ATM use. The Bank does not charge customers a fee for any ATM transaction, although other ATM owners may charge a fee for out-of-network transactions. Peapack-Gladstone Bank will rebate the fee other ATM owners may charge, up to four (4) transactions within each monthly cycle.