New Public Safety Measures for Boardwalk Hall
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 • 2:48pm
Boardwalk Hall has announced that enhanced security procedures and guest admission policies have been adopted just ahead of one of the city’s highest profile events, the Miss America Competition. The policies, which include stricter limits for baggage and handbags, are intended to provide a safer, more enjoyable environment for fans. The measure is similar to the stadium policy introduced by the NFL and other public facilities.
“From time to time we reexamine and evaluate all of our building and guest policies to ensure we maintain best practices and industry standards,” stated Greg Tesone, General Manager of Boardwalk Hall. “We’ve made a decision to take this opportunity to remind our guests of our existing policies and introduce new guidelines as we head into our fall and winter entertainment calendar. We understand that some of our guests may be unhappy with these restrictions, but our obligation to ensure fan safety and comfort is paramount. Our intent is not to inconvenience any patrons, but to deliver an entertainment experience that meets or exceeds our guests’ expectations, and that includes their well-being.”
Guests are reminded to arrive early, as they will be subject to bag checks, a physical search and/or metal detection prior to entering the facility.
Prohibited items include but are not limited to:
· Alcoholic beverages, controlled or unlawful substances and controlled substance paraphernalia
· Items which could be used as weapons, such as firearms, knives, chains and spiked jewelry
· Cans, bottles (glass or plastic) or coolers
· Outside foods or beverages
· Professional cameras, audio or video recording devices and tripods
· Mobile tablet devices and laptops
· Laser pointers and pens, pepper spray and Mace
· Noisemakers, such as airhorns
· Fireworks, Frisbees, balls and other projectiles
· Baggage, such as shopping bags, briefcases, backpacks, duffle bags, luggage and diaper bags, are strictly prohibited.
· Large handbags. Guests are permitted to bring a clutch-type handbag. They may also carry their personal items in a transparent bag no larger than 12” x 12”. Guests who require medically necessary items will be permitted entry with these items after appropriate inspection by building personnel.
· Any other item deemed unacceptable by the event or building management
Boardwalk Hall does not provide storage for any confiscated baggage, so visitors should leave these items at home or in a secured area prior to arrival at the venue. Also, there is no re-entry upon exit from the building.