New Providence Business Community’s Farmers Market in Full Swing
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 • 9:02pm
The New Providence Business Community is proud to present the 2014 Farmers Market. The market is open every Wednesday, from June 11 through Nov. 5. The market hours are noon to 6 p.m. at the New Providence Presbyterian Church on Springfield Avenue, just west of South Street, rain or shine.
There’s plenty of parking available, and the timing is just right to enjoy a delicious take home dinner, pick up Jersey Fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables, or try an assortment of other delicacies. The New Providence Farmer’s Market features a large selection of items. This Jersey Fresh market features the following Local vendors:
- Hoboken Farms from Summit features coal fired brick oven bread, fresh mozzarella, meats and fish, crab cakes, and their Big Red Marinara Sauce.
- Krakus Deli from Phillipsburg features freshly prepared polish foods, stuffed cabbage, homemade polish sausage and kielbasa.
- Melick's Town Farm from Oldwick, Califon, and Bridgewater offers fresh produce, fruit, baked goods, and delicious apple cider.
- Paulo's Kitchen from right here in New Providence offers prepared Italian dinners such as vegetable lasagna and eggplant rollatini, salad dressings, cold gelato ice cream, and delicious fresh mozzarella.
- Murph Farm at Green Village, run by Don Murphy of New Providence’s NP Fuel features naturally grown local produce and local honey.
- Gourmet Nuts and Dried Fruits of Florham Park features dried fruits, crystallized ginger, Turkish figs and guava, as well as nuts and pickles.
Stony Hill Gardens and Farm from Chester features fresh produce and fruits, exquisite floral bouquets, baked goods, bread, preserves, and honey.
- Ev Eleon is a family owned company from Springfield that produces Premium, Extra-Virgin, Infused Olive Oils and other organic products from Greece.
The market features fruits and vegetables that are Jersey Fresh and only grown locally in New Jersey. Shoppers will find everything from peaches to blueberries, corn on the cob to potatoes, beets to broccoli, dried apricots to succulent melons, and more.
Market sponsor, The New Providence Business Community, supports and gives back to the local community and serves its members by funding and operating community events, such as the 5K Race, Farmer’s Market, The Summer Concerts Series, the Independence Day Celebration, the Street Fair, and the Christmas Walk.
The New Providence Business Community also holds membership meetings to inform, educate, and create a forum for members to exchange ideas and experiences in order to build a proactive and vibrant business community.
For more information about the New Providence Business Community or to become a member, visit www.newprovbiz.com .
For more information about the Farmer’s Market, call our market manager at 908-612-1810 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The New Providence Business Community would like to extend a hearty “Thank You” to the Presbyterian Church for their generosity by allowing us the use of their parking lot for this year’s market.
Like us on Facebook!
Floow us on Twitter!