Last Minute Dessert for Thanksgiving Dinner
Thursday, November 28, 2013 • 6:55am
Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving! Time to do last minute preparation before guests arrive!
You waited until last minute and you have decided to go to X store to buy that last minute, “store flavored” apple pie for dessert for Thanksgiving.
It’s ok! Not everyone is a baker, including myself. Luckily for people like us there are some great desserts that you can whip up for your guests, last minute, to satisfy your longing to provide that homemade sweet after dinner holiday treat - and I am about to share with you my number 1 go-to!
Banana Flambé is perfect for Thanksgiving because it’s easy, fast, and embodies the essence of the fall holiday season…plus, you can never go wrong with cinnamon and spiced rum!
Here’s what you do:
- start with 1/8 lb. of butter in a 9 inch frying pan on a medium simmer until butter melts
- add 1 Tbs. of white sugar and 2 Tbs. of brown sugar to the melted butter and stir briefly
- add two sliced bananas, stir and simmer for approximately 2-3 minutes
- add a few splashes of spiced rum and tilt your frying pan to the flame so that the rum ingites
- as the flame starts to diminish add half a teaspoon of cinnamon (you want to do this while you still have a flame so that when the cinnamon hits, it will create sparks! A great trick if you are going to make this in front of your guests)
- when flame is gone, give another quick stir and scoop it over any flavored ice cream you like!
This will make dessert for two so make sure you multiply according to your guests.
** This guest column has been written by Johnny Marrone of Johnny’s on the Green Restaurant & Catering. Johnny has been creating unique culinary dishes in the Livingston/Millburn-Short Hills area for the past 17 years. To book an exclusive dinner party in your home hosted and catered by Johnny, contact him at (862) 245-1923 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Guest Column is our readers' opportunity to write about a given issue or topic in an in-depth and educational manner.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.