Hurricane Sandy Update from Mayor Joe Bruno of Berkeley Heights
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 • 11:57am
BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - In response to a status update from The Alternative Press, Mayor Joe Bruno of Berkeley Heights has issued the following statement:
· Power has been restored to approximately 800 homes in the last 24 Hours but we still have about 3560 outages as of now throughout the Township. JCP&L is still saying 6-10 days before all power is back. Once again if you have not called JCP&L and reported your outage at
1-888-544-4877 you must do so . Do Not Assume that they know.
· Residents who need to power up their computers or cell phones are welcome to do so at Town Hall or the YMCA on Springfield Ave..
· Halloween has been postponed until it is 100% safe to do so. We will notify residents via reverse 911 when it will take place.
· Most of the Stores, Restaurants and Businesses in the downtown area have power.
· I have made the decision to again Re- Chip the Township. This will start when it is safe to do so. Please start to put your branches out as soon as you are able. There will be no posted schedule, we will start in the areas we can get to first and we will only make one pass through the entire Township including Free Acres. Please arrange your branches in the same order as the regular chipping program. All branches with the large ends facing out, 4 inch diameter maximum. Only Branches Please no fencing or lumber we will not have the time to separate piles so if you have anything but branches it will not be picked up and we will not return until spring.