Getting Fit For the New Year
Thursday, December 26, 2013 • 2:57pm
Thinking about your New Year’s resolution? Is getting fit and healthy top on your list? If so, let Get In Shape For Women, Westfield, help you succeed.
Take the following small steps and little by little you can become healthier, lighter and the all-around better you that you resolve to be. Start with determination, make the right food, exercise and lifestyle choices, and you’ll get to enjoy results that can last a lifetime. Our four-point plan, which includes weight training, cardio, nutrition and accountability will help you reach your goals.
- Lose the extra weight to significantly improve your overall health. By losing just 10 pounds, you can lower your blood pressure, protect against dementia, reduce your risk for a stroke, lower your risk for uterine and breast cancer, and lower your cholesterol up to 10 percent.
- Cut 100 Calories from your day. Sounds easy, right? It is, and the benefits will blow your mind. By shaving 100 calories from your day, you can lose 12 pounds in a year. Easy ways to cut these extra calories are to eliminate soda, ditch that 100-calorie snack pack, or give up 2 cookies.
- Get fit now! With small group personal training, our trainers will assist you every step of the way. Leading a sedentary lifestyle can lead to pain in your body, as well put a damper on your mental and emotional state. Life will always be busy, so stop the excuses and get moving.
- Eat the right foods. Our training team will show you how to eat properly – and enjoyably – as part of a healthy new lifestyle. Your nutrition plan is a key component of your success. We will show you how to eat 6 balanced meals per day, one every 2-3 hours, 6 days per week, with 1 Free Day. Yes, you can eat "anything" you want on your free day. Some fantastic foods to eat include:
o Fat-free plain yogurt & dairy
o Quinoa, barley, oats
o Sweet potatoes
- Get more sleep. Sleep helps heal, restore and protect our many intricate systems and vital organ functions. "There are over two dozen studies that suggest that people who sleep less tend to weigh more," says Sanjay Patel, MD, assistant professor of medicine at Case Western Reserve University, in Cleveland, Ohio.
Get In Shape For Women offers personalized training in small groups. Questions? Give us a call in Westfield at 908-228-2084 or Warren at 908-834-8240. Happy New Year!
Get in Shape for Women is an upscale group personal training studio where you will get the personal attention you require to reach your goals. For more information, call 908-228-2084 or visit www.getinshapeforwomen.com. To like us on Facebook, click here.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TheAlternativePress.com or anyone who works for TheAlternativePress.com. TheAlternativePress.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.