Five Arrested in Connection with Chatham Borough Burglary
Monday, March 11, 2013 • 4:30pm
On March 8 at 4:43 PM, Lt. Brian Gibbons investigated a 2-car crash on Fairmount Avenue near Broadview Terrace. A 2011 Honda driven by Julia Moorehead age 22 of Chatham, was traveling south on Fairmount Avenue when she attempted to pass another car. As she began to pass the other car, it started to make a left turn into a driveway. The second car was a 2004 Subaru driven by Lauren Hearne age 49 of Chatham. There were no injuries reported, both cars were driven from the scene, and Moorhead was issued a summons for Improper Passing.
On March 10 at 11:00 AM, Patrolman Roy George investigated a burglary into an apartment at 575 Main Street. The burglary was reported by the sister of the resident who was assisting in packing up the contents of the home as the victim was in the process of moving out. The sister was working in the apartment the previous evening and when she returned on Sunday, it was obvious that someone had been in the apartment and items were taken. A large quantity of jewelry was reported stolen. Detective Joseph Crecca and Detective Daniel Walsh along with the Morris County Sheriff’s Office, responded to the scene to follow up on the investigation. During the course of the investigation, a witness was located who reported that she observed someone climbing into the victim’s window during the early morning hours. A suspect was identified as Timothy Williamson age 23, who lives next door to the victim. After an extensive investigation and multiple interviews, 5 persons were arrested in connection with this investigation as follows:
· Timothy R Williamson age 23 of Chatham charged with Burglary, Conspiracy and Theft. Bail was set at $25,000 no 10% and he was lodged at the Morris County Correctional Facility.
· Blaise T Wiget age 24 of Succasunna was charged with Burglary, Conspiracy and Theft. Bail was set at $10,000 no 10% and he was lodged at the Morris County Correctional Facility.
· Kelsey L Stephens age 22 of Landing was charged with Burglary, Conspiracy and Theft. Bail was set at $10,000 no 10% and he was lodged at the Morris County Correctional Facility.
· Kimberly L Clark age 24 of Wharton was charged with Unlicensed Entry of a Premise and was released on a summons.
· Jamie L Falzon age 23 of Randolph was charged with Unlicensed Entry of a Premise and released on a summons.
The stolen jewelry was recovered from two separate locations in Boonton with the help of the Boonton Police Department.
On March 11 at 12:16 PM, Patrolman Wayne Shivers investigated an accident on Kings Road. A 2011 Acura driven by Jed Noah age 50 of Morganville, was traveling west on Kings Road when he struck a large pothole. This caused his vehicle to veer right resulting in him striking a parked car. After striking the parked car Noah’s vehicle rolled over coming to rest on its roof. Noah was not injured and was out of the car when the police arrived. No summonses were issued and both cars were towed from the scene.