Fanwood Mayor Mahr, Police Chief Trigo Issue Statement About Winter Storm Warning
Tuesday, February 4, 2014 • 10:44pm
FANWOOD, NJ - With district schools closed for a fourth time this winter and the second time this week due to snow and ice, Fanwood Mayor Collen Mahr and Police Chief Richard Trigo have issued a joint communication to address weather concerns in the borough for Wednesday:
- Fanwood Borough and Union County offices will have a delayed opening at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- Union County courts will be closed Wednesday.
- Union County paratransit is suspended except for the Route 22 shuttle.
- Under the state of emergency declared Tuesday night by Gov. Chris Christie, all non-essential state employees should stay home.
Some words about snow removal. We are sympathetic to those residents who are frustrated when road crews plow over the base of their driveway after they have shoveled it out. However, we'd like to remind everyone that our eight-man public works department has been working almost non-stop, clearing our roads repeatedly after an extraordinary period of almost non-stop, heavy snow over many days. We ask that you be patient and help out by following these guidelines for snow removal:
- Please park off-street wherever possible.
- It is recommended that you not shovel the last 5 to 10 feet of your driveway until snowfall has ceased and your street has been plowed, curb to curb.
- Shovel snow to the right of your driveway so plows can move it away.
- Do not shovel or blow snow into streets.
Tune to Fanwood/Scotch Plains information radio at 530 on the AM dial in the event of power outages or road closures.