Fanwood Council Meeting Postponed; Mayor Mahr Issues Tips for Dealing with Snowstorm
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 • 4:20pm
FANWOOD, NJ - Tonight's scheduled meeting of the Fanwood Borough Council and mayor has been postponed due to the snowstorm and the State of Emergency which Gov. Chris Christie declared for all of New Jersey.
The Fanwood Borough Council will meet on Tuesday, Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. in borough hall.
Fanwood Mayor Colleen Mahr has issued these reminders to borough residents regarding the storm:
- Residents are urged to park off-street wherever possible to facilitate plowing.
- Residents are urged to stay off the roads unless driving is absolutely necessary.
- A reminder that it is illegal to drive with windshields obstructed by snow, or by failing to clear snow off vehicles that could blow off and obstruct another driver's view.
- In the event of a power outage or downed wires, call PSE&G's customer hotline, 800-436-PSEG. Never touch a downed wire.
- If you smell gas, or to report a gas leak, call Elizabethtown Gas, 800-492-4009.
- To report potentially dangerous situations on a non-emergency basis, call Fanwood Police at 908-322-5000.
- The Fanwood Police Department, Fire Department and Rescue Squad are ready to respond to any emergency. In the event of a true emergency, call 911.
- Check up on elderly neighbors and let them know about the warming station at the Chelsea.