"Family Fun & Fix" in Union County Parks Begins July 8 at Warinanco Park with the Movie "Frozen"
Wednesday, June 25, 2014 • 3:59pm
UNION COUNTY, NJ - The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders and the Department of Parks and Recreation are happy to announce the schedule of “Family Fun and Flix” – the free summer entertainment and film series on Tuesday evenings that gives families a chance to enjoy an outdoor activity and catch a movie under the stars in a Union County park. Free popcorn at all the movies will be provided by AMC Theatres.
“We look forward to welcoming families to our parks to enjoy an evening in our parks with a great line up of entertainment,” said Freeholder Chairman Christopher Hudak. “And we urge those with young children to come out early and participate in the kids fitness activities beginning at 7:30 pm presented by UC Get Fit.”
Come to Warinanco Park, on the border of Elizabeth and Roselle, Tuesday, July 8 for the showing of “Frozen,” the Walt Disney animated adventure/comedy which tells the story of Anna, a fearless optimist, who sets off on an epic journey, teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven, to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter.
The other dates and locations for this summer’s Family Fun and Flix are:
- Tuesday, July 15 at Warinanco Park – “The Nut Job”
- Tuesday, July 22 at Warinanco Park – “The Lego Movie.” This movie is being sponsored by Bricks for Kidz and Investors Bank.
- Tuesday, July 29 at Galloping Hill Golf Course in Kenilworth – “Jurassic Park.” This event is a drive-in movie, sponsored by Kemper Sports and Coca Cola. A golf ‘driving range clinic’ will be held prior to the movie at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 5 at Meisel Park, Springfield – “Despicable Me 2.” This movie event, sponsored by Investors Bank, will be part of the National Night Out celebration.
- Tuesday, August 12 at Conant Park, Hillside – “Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2”
All movies start at dusk, weather permitting. For more information, call the Union County Department of Parks and Recreation at 908-527-4900 or visit the Union County website: www.ucnj.org/summer. For program and rain information call 908-558-4079 after 3:00 p.m. on the day of the show.