Clark Township Receives Municipal Aid Grant for Road Repair Project
Thursday, May 15, 2014 • 12:48pm
TRENTON, NJ – Clark was one of 391 New Jersey municipalities that received a local aid grant as part of an $81.6 million package designed to address local transportation projects, the Christie Administration recently announced. Funding for the grants is provided through the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund and administered by the NJDOT.
Grants were awarded through the Municipal Aid, Transit Village, Local Bikeway, and Safe Streets to Transit programs. “These grants promote motorist, pedestrian and bicyclist safety, mobility and quality-of-life projects,” said NJDOT Commissioner James Simpson. “Most of the Municipal Aid grants will support street paving or preservation projects, and will arrive in time for towns to make much needed repairs after a brutal winter.”
Clark Township received a $195,000 Municipal Aid Grant for projects on Broadway and Terminal Avenue. NJDOT funds 75 per cent of the grant when the town awards the contract and the remaining 25 per cent when the project is completed.