City Man Arrested on Attempted Murder Charges In Two 1st Ward Shootings; Alleged Accomplice Arrested, Too
Thursday, July 26, 2012 • 8:54pm
PATERSON, NJ – City police have arrested a 25-year-old Haledon Avenue and charged him with attempted murder in two separate 1st Ward shootings.
Kendale Wilson, who state records say was released from Albert Wagner Youth Correction Facility in Bordentown in November after serving 45 months, is now being held on $500,000 bail in connection with a June 14 shooting on Presidential Boulevard and a July 17 shooting on Matlock Street, according to the Paterson Police Department’s Cease Fire unit.
Authorities say Wilson was taken into custody on July 19, but police did not release information on that arrest until Thursday. In the meantime, police also arrested Wilson’s alleged accomplice in the July 17 shooting, 19-year-old Delshawn Lowery of Presidential Boulevard. Lowery is being held on $400,000 bail, according to police.
In the June incident, Wilson is accused of shooting a 25-year-old city man who was driving near the corner of Presidential Boulevard and Arch Street. The victim was wounded in the left knee and left buttocks and another bullet grazed his back, police said. In that case, police say they believe the shooting stemmed from a previous altercation between the men.
In the July 17 shooting, police say Wilson and Lowery robbed a 28-year-old man who was walking to his car near the corner of Matlock Street and Christopher Columbus Drive. After the victim have them his cash, he tried to flee, but the one gunman fired at him, wounding him in the left leg, police said.
Wilson has been charged with attempted and weapons offenses in the first incident and attempted murder, weapons offenses and robbery in the second. Wilson previously had been incarcerated on weapons and narcotics charges.
Lowery also faces charges of attempted murder, weapons offenses and robbery.
Police are looking for a third suspect in connection with the robbery shooting, said Sgt. Patrick Murray, head of the Cease Fire unit.
Authorities are asking that anyone with additional information on the incidents contact the Cease Fire unit at 973-321-1342.