Christine Quinn Council Goals
Friday, November 2, 2012 • 3:35pm
As members of this community, we have all seen the powerful and positive results from our united efforts and what can be accomplished through our unity. We have also witnessed the fallout which results when we become divided. Now, more than ever; in the face of uncertain and challenging times, it is critical that we come together as a community for our community - -united in positive approach and direction.
I believe that through open communication and common goals / objectives; Sparta can and will remain a great place to live, work and raise a family; now and for years to come.
If elected to Council, I plan to serve the community as a catalyst for positive direction and new perspective in these areas:
· Keep the “Town” in Town Council by holding spotlight groups within our community, streaming meetings, and implementing feedback and suggestion forums.
· Review current business processes at the Town level and improve / streamline where feasible.
· Build strategic relationships throughout the community (ie. With the Board of Education and Lake Mohawk Country Club) to leverage shared services and optimize assets.
· Develop the town economy with a controlled, planned approach.
· Secure alternative funding sources for our municipality at all levels. To do this, we must investigate available grants at the private / federal / state and local levels.
· Control spending and tax increases by scrutinizing all expenses and exploring additional shared service opportunities.
The challenges our community faces are no different than those facing other municipalities across the nation; we can; however; differentiate ourselves in how we chose to address them. Through a community call to action, open communications, and strategic partnerships, I’m confident we can tackle these challenges together. To do this, I need your support on November 6th. Please vote for Christine Quinn for Town Council, number 4 on the ballot.