Chamber Presents 5th Annual Sussex County Family Fest
Saturday, May 3, 2014 • 11:46am
Newton, NJ–The Sussex County Chamber of Commerce presents its 5th Annual Sussex County Family Fest on Saturday, May 3 at Sussex County Community College. This free, rain or shine event, running from 12 to 4 p.m. will be held outdoors under tents on the lower athletic fields. Newton Medical Center is the Exclusive Platinum sponsor. Numerous free health screenings, activities for kids and entertainment will be featured. The event is designed to promote healthy lifestyles and a healthy natural environment.
Family Fest highlights include:
- Free health screenings by Newton Medical Center including Lung Capacity, Blood Glucose, Stress Assessment, Blood Pressure and Osteoporosis Risk Assessment. Newton Medical Center will also host the contest “Passports to Health" encouraging attendees to visit each Newton Medical Center information exhibits and have the passport stamped to be entered into a raffle to win a Wii Fit. In addition, Newton Medical Center will also provide a Lipid Profile to the first 25 people who do not have insurance (to be drawn at the hospital after a 12 hour fast).
- Family Fest Scavenger Hunt - Find all the exhibitor booths featured on the Scavenger Hunt card, have the card stamped at each one, and then drop it off at the Sussex County Chamber of Commerce booth to be entered to win a three month membership to the Sussex County YMCA.
- Pie in the Face Contest featuring Sussex County VIPs including Steve Allan, WSUS Radio Personality and Don Hall, owner of the Chatterbox Restaurant in Augusta. Come out and throw a whipped cream pie at your favorite VIP!
- The Atlantic Ambulance Air One helicopter – Sit inside and experience this flying emergency room. Come early to catch the landing. The helicopter usually arrives around noon.
- Bokwa and Tabata demonstrations presented by the Sussex County YMCA. Audience participation encouraged!
Family Fest will feature a variety of exhibitors providing free screenings, a wide range of educational information, and free, fun activities. Newton Medical Center is the Exclusive Platinum sponsor for this event. Eastern Propane Corporation is a Bronze sponsor and the Media sponsor is WSUS102.3/WNNJ103.7. For more information about the Sussex County Family Fest, call the Chamber at 973-579-1811 or visitwww.sussexcountychamber.org.