Boil Water Advisory For Paterson
Wednesday, February 6, 2013 • 9:07pm
PATERSON, NJ - Passaic Valley Water Commission is providing notification that a water main break has occurred at Van Houten Street, Paterson between Mill Street and Curtis Place, which has caused some customers within our service area to be without water or to experience a significant loss of pressure. A potential or actual threat to the quality of water being provided to you currently exists. As a precaution, we are implementing a system wide or limited Boil Water Advisory until testing of the water supply is deemed satisfactory.
Effective immediately and until further notice, customers within the impacted area are instructed to bring tap water to a rolling boil for one minute and allow the tap water to cool before using for:
· preparing foods, washing vegetables and fruit,
· making ice cubes,
· taking medications,
· brushing teeth and,
· mixing baby formula, food, juices or drinks.
Please continue to boil your water or use bottled water until you are notified by Passaic Valley Water Commission that the water quality is satisfactory.
The following measures are also recommended:
· Throw away uncooked food or beverages or ice cubes if made with tap water during the day of the advisory;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Do not swallow water while showering or bathing;
· Rinse hand-washed dishes with a diluted bleach solution (one tablespoon of household bleach per gallon of tap water) or clean your dishes in a dishwasher using the hot wash cycle and dry cycle;