Berkeley Heights PTOs Contribute $192,650 to the Berkeley Heights Schools
Monday, September 16, 2013 • 10:05pm
BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - The six PTOs that serve the Berkeley Heights schools funded a combined total of $192,650 in school enhancements during the 2012-2013 school year. This amount comprises $11,700 in teacher grants, more than $51,000 in enrichment programs and assemblies for students, and $80,100 in equipment gifts to the schools. Among these gifts are:
- an electronic sign and a commemorative paver walkway at Governor Livingston High School,
- new 6th grade Writing Lab computer tables, a cafeteria PA system, and a Digital Projector Lab for Columbia Middle School,
- a playground expansion, various types of classroom furniture, and replacement courtyard trees at William Woodruff Elementary School,
- courtyard furniture, white Dry Erase boards for all classrooms, a water bottle filling station, and a playground Whale Drum at Mountain Park Elementary School,
- Computer Lab improvements (desks, a Bright Links board, and a document camera), 2nd grade literary resources, and 3 cherry trees at Thomas P. Hughes Elementary School, and
- 6 Apple Hot Spots, a Promethean projector and white board, and a laminating machine for the Mary Kay McMillin Early Childhood Center.
The remaining $49,000 includes Project Graduation, special events, and services.
In addition to this monetary support, PTO members work countless hours to support the schools. Thank you to everyone who donated to or volunteered for the PTOs last year. Together we are making a difference in our schools.