Atlantic City Alliance Announces New Board
Monday, February 11, 2013 • 7:55pm
The Atlantic City Alliance (ACA) announces that Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa President and Chief Operating Officer Tom Ballance has become Chairman of the Board of Trustees. In addition, Revel Entertainment has been admitted as the eighth member of the Board, and three new Trustees have been designated: Revel Entertainment Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Kevin DeSanctis; Resorts Casino Hotel Chief Executive Officer Mark Giannantonio, and Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City Senior Vice President and General ManagerJohn Smith.
The ACA is privately funded and led by a Board of Trustees that includes one representative from each casino corporation family.
"Tom has been a critical member of the ACA's founding board," said ACA President Liza Cartmell. "He brings not only an intimate knowledge of the marketplace, but also an unwavering commitment to building a better future for Atlantic City. In particular, during our first year of operations, he contributed greatly to both the launch of the new marketing campaign and to the development of the 3D shows on Boardwalk Hall."
“It is an honor and a privilege to be named Chairman of the Atlantic City Alliance Board of Trustees,” said Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa President and Chief Operating Officer Tom Ballance. “I look forward to working alongside some of the brightest and most capable minds in the business to further the advancement of new and innovative initiatives in Atlantic City.”
Tom Ballance – Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa President and Chief Operating Officer
Ballance joined Borgata as Vice President of Development in 1998. He then served as Senior Vice President of Administration until October 2012 when he was named President and COO. Prior to joining Borgata, he spent 17 years at Harrah’s Atlantic City.
Kevin DeSanctis – Revel Entertainment Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
DeSanctis formed Revel Entertainment in 2006 and has overseen the building and opening of Atlantic City’s newest casino. Prior to Revel, he served as President and COO of Penn National Gaming for five years, and has more than 30 years of gaming property experience.
Mark Giannantonio – Resorts Casino Hotel Chief Executive Officer
Giannantonio was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Resorts in January 2013. He has more than 30 years experience in the casino industry and has served as President and CEO of Tropicana Casino & Resort and most recently as Vice President of Hotel Operations for Resorts.
John Smith – Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City Senior Vice President and General Manager
Smith took over as Senior VP and General Manager of Harrah’s in 2011. He has more than 20 years of extensive retail experience working for Collective Brand’s, Target Corporation, Diamond Cluster International and McKinsey & Company.
A beachfront destination, is bringing the “Luck of the Irish” to Atlantic City for a resort-wide pub crawl in celebration of the St. Patrick’s Day holiday. Revel’s ‘Patty’s Day Pub Crawl’ is open to the public, age 21 and over*, March 16 (2 p.m. – 10 p.m.) and 17 (noon – 8 p.m.).
Tickets go on sale Friday, February 15 for $45 on Ticketmaster.com or $49 at Revel’s Box Office. Participants will receive wristbands that allow for one themed beverage (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) or food item and 10 percent off additional drinks.
The Crawl, Sleep, Eat Package will be offered for $259 for one night only, Sunday, March 17, and includes two tickets to the “Patty’s Day Pub Crawl”, Ocean (King) room, late checkout and $50 F&B credit to be used at SkyCafé , Alcove, or In-Room Dining.
Designated pub crawl stops, serving up Patty’s Day inspired drinks and cuisine:
· Amada – Cheers with ‘Green Sangria’ in Iron Chef Jose Garces’ authentic Andalusian tapas restaurant
· Distrito Cantina – A stop at the festive margarita bar is sure to bring good luck with the weekend’s featured ‘Luckyrita’
· Lugo Cucina e Vino – The charming Italian café will turn “la dolce vita” Irish for the day with a signature ‘Green Peroni’
· Mussel Bar and Grille – Car Bomb Trifle (Guinness soaked chocolate pound cake, Bailey’s mousse, Jameson syrup with crunchy nut crumble) or the Screamin’ Leprechaun
· Ultra Lounge – Take in views of the Atlantic Ocean and try your gaming luck while enjoying a ‘Citrus Shamrock’
· Village Whiskey – Pair ‘Irish Punch’ with Chef Jose Garces American dishes prepared with his signature flair
· The Row & Emporium –While shopping, keep energized with ‘Lucky Leprechaun Cupcakes’ in the Emporium and remember to hydrate throughout the crawl at The Row’s ‘Voss Water Hydration Stations’
· Luke’s Kitchen & Marketplace – Luke will offer a Lucky Limoncello shot or pistachio gelato filled cannoli
· The Social – The Dublin After Dark will warm you up, made with Jameson, Creme de Menthe and Baileys
At each Revel ‘Patty’s Day Pub Crawl’ stop, participants can collect a venue stamp on a designated map they will receive at Revel Box Office. A complete stamped map at the end of the crawl leads to a “pot of gold,” Revel commemorative souvenir, redeemable at the Box Office. All participants will also receive complimentary admission to Ivan Kane’s Royal Jelly Burlesque Nightclub for both Saturday and Sunday night to continue the St. Paddy’s weekend celebration.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TheAlternativePress.com or anyone who works for TheAlternativePress.com. TheAlternativePress.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.