AC Dreamin’” — a new, nightly 3D sound and light show for visitors of all ages — will debut on the famed Atlantic City Boardwalk
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 • 4:56pm
“AC Dreamin’” — a new, nightly 3D sound and light show for visitors of all ages — will debut on the famed Atlantic City Boardwalk on Thursday, August 29 at 10pm.“AC Dreamin’” follows a magical dream shared by two friends in a modern fairy tale as they navigate six different enchanted worlds: a mysterious train station, a luxurious hotel, a crazy theme park, a surreal lighthouse, a dreamy underwater world, and the fantastic Boardwalk at night. The sumptuous and lush colors of each world take viewers to different dimensions as the façade of Boardwalk Hall morphs with the story.
For the first time in the Atlantic City project, Moment Factory used live-action footage with actors performing in a narrative linking the show to the spirit of the city. Thanks to the show’s 3D mapping and innovative storytelling, tourists and residents will experience some of Atlantic City’s iconic public spaces in a completely new way.
This is the fourth show by Moment Factory, a Montreal-based new media and entertainment studio. It completes the Atlantic City library of shows. “AC Dreamin’” joins sister shows “Boardwalk Beat,” “Duality” and “Winter Sweet” as part of Moment Factory’s only permanent, year-round installation in the United States. Each show and the technology behind them are uniquely designed for historically certified Boardwalk Hall. More than 250,000 visitors have seen the light shows since the debut in summer 2012.
“AC Dreamin’” debuts Thursday, August 29 at 10pm and will run every 15 minutes for the first night. The show is free and open to the public, and no tickets are required. It is shown nightly every half hour. Boardwalk Hall is located at 2301 Boardwalk at the center of the world-famous AC Boardwalk between Georgia and Mississippi Avenues at Kennedy Plaza. For more information and a complete schedule of the light show, visit www.doatlanticcity.com.
These four shows were conceived and created by Montreal-based Moment Factory, known throughout the world for its innovative work combining technology and creativity though video, lighting, architecture, and sound. Moment Factory was commissioned by the Atlantic City Alliance (ACA), a private non-profit with the mission to increase tourism to Atlantic City. The Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) also contributed to the concept of bringing a light show back to Boardwalk Hall with support for the infrastructure. The shows require 12 projectors, 14 speakers and 5 subwoofers, 8 ambiance compact loudspeakers, 62 Color Blast, all designed to withstand the harsh seaside elements, which were permanently installed on the boardwalk. A light show originally debuted on the building in 1929. Boardwalk Hall was also the site of the first demonstration of Edison’s light bulb.
“The juxtaposition of the historical significance of light at Boardwalk Hall and the modern day technologies employed by Moment Factory make these shows all the more unique to Atlantic City,” said ACA President Liza Cartmell. “We’re excited to now have a library of four shows that we can rotate throughout the year.”
Moment Factory is a Montreal-based new media and entertainment studio. Since 2001, Moment Factory’s multidisciplinary team of artists has created extraordinary multimedia environments and groundbreaking interactive experiences for live shows, public spaces, events, brands and cultural institutions. Moment Factory has completed more than 300 projects for clients like Cirque du Soleil, Jay-Z, Disney, Céline Dion, Microsoft and for Madonna’s MDNA world tour.
Trump Plaza and Trump Taj Mahal announce their September Promotions. Participants must be Trump One Card holders, and need to earn 20 Tier Points by playing on the date of the event unless otherwise specified. Those who are not Trump One Card holders can sign up for their FREE card at Trump One Services located at Trump Taj Mahal or Trump Plaza.
- 5X Slot Dollars! Free Parking! Everyone! Every day! 1X Slot Dollars will be available for 90 days, and 4X slot dollars will be available for 30 days, 48 hours after the player's trip closes. Visit any Rewards Center Kiosk prior to playing to activate your offer each day. Free Parking is offered in the self park garage Sept 2-30 (except 14 & 15).
- Smart Car Slot Tournament - Saturday, September 28, 5pm-9pm. Open to the Public. 1st Prize-Smart Car, 2nd Prize $2,000 Cash, 3rd Prize $1,000 Cash and 4th Prize $500 Cash.
Trump Taj Mahal
- $200,000 Grand in the Sand - Big Dig September 1! Earn entries now through September 1. On September 1, play to activate the entries. Card Holders must be sure to be playing with their Trump One Card inserted into any Slot Machine at 2pm. 20 people will be selected at 2pm to dig on the beach for their share of $200,000. Can you dig it?
- $5,000 Fall Beach House - Sundays, September 8, 15, 22 and 29 at 3pm. Four chances to win $5,000 toward a Fall Beach House at the Jersey Shore.
- $10,000 Heroes Slot Tournament - September 10 & 11, 2pm-6pm. All police, fire, rescue workers and military personnel play twice! Print out the entry slips at any Rewards Center Kiosk from 12pm - 5:45pm.
- Beauty and the Leash - Sunday, September 15, 2pm on the Boardwalk. Show Us Your Paws! Trump Taj Mahal presents Beauty and the Leash Dog Pageant. Supporting the Atlantic City and Ocean City Humane Society. Dogs will compete in the following categories: Bathing Suit, Talent, Look Like Your Owner and On-Stage Question. Best in category wins $250. Registration begins at 1pm on the Boardwalk. Pending city approval.
- $50,000 Penthouse Slot Tournament - September 20 & 21, 7pm - 11pm. Win a share of $50,000 and a Penthouse Stay!
- Blue Light Special - Everyday! Anytime! When the Blue Light goes on, EVERYONE playing a slot machine in the winning ZONE automatically receives Bonus Slot Dollars! Must be playing with Trump One Card inserted before the light goes on to qualify.
- High-Low Card Game Guaranteed Sweepstakes - Fridays & Saturdays in September, 6pm-10pm. One winner every hour will play the Hi-Low Card Game to win up to $1,000 cash!
- New Member Scratch and Win up to $2,000- Sign up for a Trump One Card and earn 40 Tier Points that day. Proceed to any Rewards Center Kiosk to Scratch Off and win up to $2,000. Everyone is a guaranteed winner.
Complete details on all Trump Taj Mahal and Trump Plaza promotions are available at Trump One Services. Must be at least 21 years of age. Gambling Problem? Call 1.800.GAMBLER.