76th Annual Maxwell Football Club Award Winners to be Honored on March 1
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 • 10:52am
Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City welcomes back The 76th Annual Maxwell Football Club Awards, scheduled to take place Friday, March 1. The much-talked-about Manti Te’o of Notre Dame will be presented with both the Collegiate Player of the Year award and the Chuck Bednarik Collegiate Defensive Player of the Year award during the Club’s National Awards Dinner banquet at 7:30 p.m.
This historic double is the first time in the Club’s 76 year history that a player has won both prestigious awards. Tickets are priced from $300 per person to $3,500 for a table of 12 and can be purchased on the Club's website at www.maxwellfootballclub.org or by calling 215-643-3833.
“Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City is proud to once again celebrate the incredible achievements of these hardworking athletes at the 76th Annual Maxwell Football Club Awards,” said John Smith, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City and former Maxwell Citizenship Award recipient. “In addition to being thrilled about hosting this prestigious ceremony for the 10th consecutive year, we look forward to accommodating all attendees throughout the weekend and providing them with excellent hospitality during their stay in Atlantic City.”
The Maxwell Football Club is a member of the National College Football Awards Association (NCFAA). The NCFAA was founded in 1997 as a coalition of the major collegiate football awards to protect, preserve and enhance the integrity, influence and prestige of the game's predominant awards. The NCFAA encourages professionalism and the highest standards for the administration of its member awards and the selection of their candidates and recipients. For more information, visit the association's official website, ncfaa.org.
The Maxwell Football Club is the oldest football club of its kind in America and has presented the Maxwell Award since 1937 when Clint Frank of Yale University was named as the first winner of the trophy. Notable past winners of the award include Chuck Bednarik (Penn), Davey O'Brien (TCU), Glenn Davis (Army), Charlie Trippi (Georgia), John Lattner (Notre Dame), Tommy McDonald (Oklahoma), Roger Staubach (Navy), John Cappeletti (Penn State), Tony Dorsett (Pitt), Hugh Green (Pitt), Herschel Walker (Georgia), Barry Sanders (Oklahoma State), Peyton Manning (Tennessee), Drew Brees (Purdue), Eli Manning (Ole Miss), Tim Tebow (Florida), Cam Newton (Auburn) and Andrew Luck (Stanford).
The Maxwell Football Club also has a long history of community involvement in supporting the growth of football at the high school level through coach and player education, scholarships, safety programs and other educational outreach endeavors. Ron Jaworski serves as the Club's President and Mark Wolpert is the organizations Executive Director. Information on the Club's programs, events and membership options can be found at www.maxwellfootballclub.org.
Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City presents the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival’s fifth annual celebration, beginning Thursday, July 25, with events taking place throughout the weekend. The four-day culinary and sprits festival, which sells-out annually and is the leading food and wine festival in the market, will feature a star-studded roster of the world’s most renowned culinary experts and TV personalities, including Robert Irvine, Rocco DiSpirito and The Neelys, with further announcements to be made in the coming weeks. Festival guests will have access to events at all four Caesars Entertainment resorts and casinos – Caesars, Harrah’s Resort, Showboat and Bally’s, and this year, the beach!
“Tourism along the Jersey Shore and famed Atlantic City Boardwalk is alive and well and we’re thrilled to bring back the exciting Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival for its fifth anniversary celebration,” says Danny Brockdorf, Regional Vice President of Marketing for Caesars Entertainment. “Despite the challenges brought on by Hurricane Sandy last October, the Jersey Shore is as strong as ever and we are looking forward to attracting both new visitors and loyalists to Atlantic City for a weekend of amazing food, great wine and spirits and all-round Jersey fun.”
The 2013 festival will present an acclaimed roster of both local and national talent and will once again showcase several of the world’s greatest culinary influencers as well as authorities in the wine, beer and spirits industry. With access to a multitude of unparalleled events including delicious tastings and dazzling demonstrations, the festival will offer delicacies for every palate. Festival highlights include:
· The Grand Market: Foodies, prepare your palate for perfection! The signature event of the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival, The Grand Market will most certainly be the indulgence highlight of your year. Our exclusive world of dining perfection is sure to excite, inspire and amaze. Eat and drink your way through this eclectic tasting village. Featuring a wide selection of foods, wines, craft brews and liquors from world-renowned culinary masters, you will experience a true flavor adventure during your three-hour gourmet journey. And when you find something you love, take it home with you! Purchase your favorite flavors while culinary demos by celebrity chefs provide you with tips to enhance your home dining experiences.
· Blues Brews & BBQ: Throw on your boots, foodies … this festival is taking a tasty trip to the south! Kick your feet up as BBQ vendors take over and cook up some the best ribs, chicken and brisket you’ve ever tasted. And let’s not forget about the ice-cold beer! While you’re here, you can purchase some of the latest BBQ merchandise around.
· Beach Soirée: It’s time to let loose and have some fun, because when the sun goes down, the festival heats up. Enjoy an evening beachside party while savoring refreshing cocktails and gourmet passed appetizers. After all, live entertainment, dancing and fun are always a great way to end your day. Robert Irvine and The Neelys will host this exclusive Beach Soiree, welcoming you to a party that you won’t soon forget.
· Gospel Brunch: Start your Sunday with some serious flavor! Join us at the House of Blues for an inspiring gospel performance and an amazing buffet. The Neelys will be on hand to welcome you with a tasty hospitality and a hearty spread. While the choir performs, you can enjoy a delicious, traditional buffet featuring pecan caramel sticky buns, hickory-smoked bacon and sausage links, homemade biscuits and country gravy, homemade waffles, an omelet station, southern fried chicken, homemade macaroni and cheese, Creole chicken and shrimp jambalaya and much more!
· Island Luau: Aloha indulgence! It’s time to party, island-style. Immerse yourself into a world of hula dancers and flamethrowers while The Neelys host this island luau featuring their spin on some of your favorite Hawaiian treats. Throughout the event, you’ll be whisked away to a tropical oasis right here on the Harrah’s Resort Pool Deck as the sun majestically sets in the distance. Come hungry, because on this island the food really is paradise!
Tickets for the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival will go on sale March 8, 2013 and can be purchased online at www.acfoodandwine.com, www.ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 800-736-1420.
Caesars Entertainment Total Rewards members will have the opportunity to purchase discounted tickets to all Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival events during the pre-sale dates, beginning Friday, February 22nd at 10am. The Early-Bird public pre-sale starts on Friday, March 1st at 10am with the full public on-sale for all events kicking off on Friday, March 8th at 10am.
Trump Taj Mahal and Trump Plaza will offer Trump One Card Holders a chance to win their share of cash, bonus slot dollars, gifts and more this March. Plus, all visitors to Taj Mahal can follow the yellow brick road right to the Emerald City and meet the Taj "Munchkin" for a photo every Saturday!
- The Wizard of Taj Guaranteed Sweepstakes - Every Saturday in March the Emerald City comes to the Taj Mahal! Hourly Drawings - 6pm-10pm. One Trump One Card holders will be selected each hour to choose one of three bricks from the yellow brick road and win Gifts, Bonus Slot Dollars or Cash! Earn 20 Tier Points or more and be sure to be playing with a Trump One Card inserted into any Slot Machine at the time of the drawing for a chance to win. Be sure to stop by and have your photo taken with the Taj "Munchkin" in the Main Concourse!
- $500,000 Power Deal Blackjack Tournament, April 6 at 10pm - Earn entries March 1 through April 5 for a chance to be one of seven people to play and win their share of $500,.000 on Saturday, April 6. One Entry will be received for the following: Blackjack - Any suited Blackjack, Spanish 21 - Any suited Blackjack, Craps - A roll of an 11, Three or Four Card Poker - Straight, Roulette - Win a straight up bet on the current days date, Mini Baccarat - Win a bet on the Tie, Texas Hold'Em Bonus - 2 pair or better, Let it Ride - 2 pair or better & Pai Gow Poker - 5 card straight or better. All seven winners will receive $1,000 for being selected in addition, 7 names will be selected to receive $500 each, and 7 names will be selected to receive $250 each. Single prize payout of highest eligible prize issued to qualifying participant. Players will bring their entries and deposit them into the drum located in the Main Concourse on April 6 from 6pm-9:55pm.
- Tournament Tuesdays $5,000 Slot Tournaments - Tuesday, March 5, 12, 19, 26 - 11am-2pm & 3pm-6pm. $2,500 in Cash and Bonus Slot Dollars will be awarded each tournament. Plus collect slips from each tournament to enter in our $10,000 CASH drawing on March 26! There could be eight chances to win. Earn 20 Tier Points or more on the day of each event.
- $50,000 Slot Tournament - Friday, March 8 & Saturday, March 9 - 7pm-10pm each day. $25,000 in Cash or Bonus Slot Dollars will be awarded Friday and $25,000 in Cash or Bonus Slot Dollars will awarded on Saturday. Earn 20 Tier Points or more on the day of each event
- $25,000 Hot Seat Slots & Tables Guaranteed Sweepstakes - Every Friday in March - Slots 2pm-6pm - Tables 6pm-10pm. Our tables and slots are HOT! One seat will be randomly selected every hour! Slot winners will receive $500 Bonus Slot Dollars. Table winners will receive $500 Matchplay. Earn 20 Tier Points or more by playing with a Trump One Card on the day of the event. Be sure to be playing with a Trump One Card at the time of the designated drawing for the chance to win.
- New Members Earn Up to $1,000 Bonus Slot Dollars - New Members can earn up to $1,000 Bonus Slot Dollars when signing up for a Trump One Card. Players will receive Bonus Slot Dollars on the day of enrollment and then Bonus Slot Dollars for a future visit to the Taj Mahal. Earned Bonus Slot Dollars amounts are based on casino play on the date of enrollment. Visit Trump One Services for complete details.
- New Members Sign Up and Receive $50 BSD, Free Parking & A Free Room - New Trump One Card members at Trump Plaza who earn 20 Tier Points will receive $50 Bonus Slot Dollars, Free Parking and a FREE Room. See Trump One Services for details.
- $100,000 Loyalty Pays Sweepstakes - Winners daily from 5pm-9pm. One winner selected an hour and will be awarded $200 Bonus Slot Dollars. Simply earn 20 Tier Points prior to the drawings. Visit any Rewards Center Kiosk and print out entry. Deposit in the drum located at Trump One Services.
- $10,000 Slot Tournament with a Daylight Savings Twist! - Friday, March 8, 5pm-9pm. For your lost hour of sleep, we've timed this tournament perfectly. Trump One Card members play 5 minutes, Executive Card members play 6 minutes, Chairman Card members play 7 minutes and Signature Card members play 8 minutes! Winners will be announced 9:30pm at 5th Avenue Special Events Desk. Visit any Rewards Center Kiosk from 3pm-8:45pm to print admission slip.
- Swarovski Crystal Sweepstakes - Friday, March 15 & Saturday, March 16. Five winners every half hour from 5pm-9:30pm. One hundred winners will be called, 50 on Friday and 50 on Saturday. Earn entries all day while playing slots or tables.
- Electronics and Cash Sweepstakes - Friday, March 29 & Saturday, March 30. Chance to win iPads, Wii "U"s, Cash and much more! Five winners every hour from 5pm-9pm. Twenty five will be called on Friday and 25 will be called on Saturday. Earn entries all day while playing slots or tables.
Participants must be a Trump One Card holder to be eligible. Players must earn 20 Tier Points by playing with their Trump One Card on the date of the event to be entered for a chance to win. Those who are not Trump One Card holders can sign up for their FREE card at Trump One Services located at Trump Taj Mahal or Trump Plaza. Must be at least 21 years of age. Complete details available at Trump One Services. Gambling Problem? Call 1.800.GAMBLER.
The Atlantic Club Casino Hotel presents music legend Ben E. King for two performances Friday, April 12 at 9pm and Saturday, April 13 at 8pm. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased by visiting the Box Office located in the Hotel Lobby or by contacting Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com or 1-800-736-1420. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Ben E. King and his music are known and beloved the world over. As a member of The Drifters and as a solo artist, King has achieved five number one hits: "There Goes My Baby," "Save The Last Dance For Me," "Stand By Me," "Supernatural Thing," and the 1986 re-issue of "Stand By Me." He also earned 12 Top 10 hits and 25 Top 40 hits from 1959 to 1986. Music magnate and founder of Atlantic Records Ahmet Ertegun once declared “King is one of the greatest singers in the history of rock and roll and rhythm and blues.”
Golden Nugget Atlantic City brings the electrifying, blustery blues and impeccably crafted pop tunes of Foreigner to the Grand on June 15 at 9 PM. Generations of music fans will come together for this one-night performance by the famed 1976 band as they rock the house with classic favorites.
Foreigner is universally hailed as one of the most popular rock acts in the world, racking up scores of smash hits, multi-platinum albums, and sold out concert tours. From Cold As Ice to Hot Blooded, Urgent to Jukebox Hero, Waiting For A Girl Like You to the chart topper I Want To Know What Love is, Foreigner's thrilling mix captivates music fans of all ages. Today, over 70 million albums later, Foreigner is an ensemble of talented musicians each adding their individual credentials to the mix to make the band stronger and more powerful than ever.
Tickets may be purchased by calling 800.736.1420, or visiting http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02004A46C7C488EF?artistid=735109&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1.
For more information on the Golden Nugget Atlantic City or other special events, please visit http://www.goldennugget.com/AtlanticCity/default.asp.
Former Grateful Dead members Phil Lesh & Bob Weir and their band Furthur return to the Northeast for their much anticipated Spring Tour 2013 that will find the legendary band performing Saturday, April 27 at the historic Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ.
Fans can expect Lesh & Weir to push the musical envelope with jaw-dropping improvisations and loving renditions of Grateful Dead classics, with an all star band that includes keyboardist Jeff Chimenti (RatDog), drummer Joe Russo (Benevento - Russo Duo, Trey Anastasio), guitarist John Kadlecik (Dark Star Orchestra), and vocalists Sunshine Becker and Jeff Pehrson.
New and old fans of the Grateful Dead alike will be entranced as Phil & Bobtake the musical journey “furthur”, exploring some of the Grateful Dead’s most beloved songs in a tour that promises to keep the feet stomping and the bodies shaking.
Tickets go on sale Friday, March 1 at 10am and tickets will be available at the Boardwalk Hall Box Office, Ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmatser outlets or by-phone at 800-736-1420. Tickets are: $39.50, $49.50 & $59.50.
For more information on Furthur please visit www.furthur.net
Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema’s epic 3D adventure JACK THE GIANT SLAYER will open at IMAX Theatre at Tropicana March 1 as a limited engagement through March 10 only. Acclaimed filmmaker Bryan Singer directs the film, which follows a young farmhand who unwittingly rekindles an ancient war between the earthly world and a fearsome race of giants. It stars Nicholas Hoult (“X-Men: First Class”) in the title role. Tickets are on sale at www.ticketmaster.com.
Tickets are $15.00 and can be purchased at the IMAX Box Office, www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000. Due to the limited engagement, discounts will be accepted in person beginning March 1st.
For group sales please contact Kathleen at 609-340-4045 or email@example.com. The IMAX Theatre at Tropicana is located on the third level of the Quarter in the Tropicana Casino & Resort in Atlantic City, NJ.
The Philadelphia Museum Art’s main building will be open until 8:45 p.m. every Wednesday. Pay-What-You-Wish Wednesday Nights are casual, exciting, and illuminating. Come on your own or with family or friends! Explore the Museum and its remarkable collections in inventive, interactive, and dynamic new ways. Gallery conversations take unexpected forms such as “triple play,” when we invite visitors to talk about three works united by a common theme. Mini-film festivals will be screened showcasing international independent films and artist’s films as well as old favorites. Regional artists will offer in-gallery experiences or performance pieces. Once a month, visitors can play games inspired by the collection. ”Pop-up” programs will include sketching in the galleries and story-telling. Every week, music will bring evocative aural sensations to the Great Stair Hall, and once a month, musicians will perform live in the galleries.
With performances on Seinfeld, Becker, Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, and even Nickelodeon’s Hey Arnold and Back to the Barnyard, no one does comedy like Italian South Philly native Dom Irrera. He has been featured in multiple HBO comedy specials, received a total of six nominations for American Comedy Awards and won two Cable ACE awards.
Catch his hilarious stand-up comedy as he returns to Tropicana’s showroom Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 9 p.m. Tickets are $34, $44, and $54. Looking for something to do after the show? Receive $5 off admission at Boogie Nights by showing your concert ticket at the door.
Elena Vaenga, one of the most popular singers in Russia, will bring her talent to Atlantic City for one night only by performing at Revel’s Ovation Hall on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
As a prolific songwriter Elena is known to create unforgettable melodies in her unique folk/rock style that bonds her with audiences. She is a winner of 6 Golden Gramophones, Russia’s equivalent of the Grammys, as well as many other prestigious awards.
After selling out Madison Square Garden in 2011 Elena is back in the United States with a new concert program, which includes some of her greatest hits as well as new music. With only one tri-state area appearance exclusively at Revel’s Ovation Hall, the show promises to be an evening of exciting music and entertainment.
Tickets are on sale now at all Ticketmaster locations, online at Ticketmaster.com and by calling 800-745-3000.
The Guest Column is our readers' opportunity to write about a given issue or topic in an in-depth and educational manner.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TheAlternativePress.com or anyone who works for TheAlternativePress.com. TheAlternativePress.com is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.