New Providence Farmers Market Returns
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 • 10:03am
The New Providence Business Community is proud to present the 2012 Farmers Market. The market takes place every Wednesday, from June 13 through October 31, 1 – 6 PM in the Municipal Center Parking lot at Elkwood Avenue and Academy Street, rain or shine.
There’s plenty of parking available, and the timing is just right to enjoy a delicious take home dinner, pick up Jersey fruits and vegetables, or try an assortment of other delicacies. This Jersey Fresh market features:
• Stony Hill Gardens and Farm from Chester, offering exquisite floral bouquets, plants, fruits and vegetables.
• Murph Farm at Green Village, which is run by Don Murphy, owner of NP Fuel in New Providence. The farm produces honey, tomatoes and more.
• Hoboken Farms, bringing cheeses, such as mozzarella, artisan bread and crab cakes. Hoboken Farms is also known for its Big Red Marinara Sauce.
• Gourmet Nuts and Dried Fruits of Florham Park, selling delicacies such as crystallized ginger, Turkish figs and guava.
• Paolo’s Kitchen in New Providence, featuring freshly prepared vegetable lasagna and eggplant rollatini, as well as other Italian dishes.
The market, now in its sixth year, features fruits and vegetables that are Jersey Fresh and only grown in New Jersey. Shoppers will find everything from peaches, blueberries, and corn on the cob to potatoes, beets, broccoli, dried apricots, succulent melons, and more. Approximately 200 people shop at the market during the season.
Market sponsor, The New Providence Business Community, supports and gives back to the local community and serves its members by funding and operating community events, such as the 5K Race, Farmers Market, Summer Concerts, Independence Day, Street Fair, and the Christmas Walk. The New Providence Business Community also holds membership meetings to inform, educate, and create a forum for members to exchange ideas and experiences in order to build a proactive and vibrant business community. For more information about the New Providence Business Community or to become a member, visit www.NPBPA.com . For more information about the Farmer’s Market, call 908-598-2532.